Monday, August 14, 2006

Cut n Paste Your Way To Internet Marketing Riches

Cut n Paste Your Way To Internet Marketing Riches

An interesting discovery along the road to finding authentic internet marketing schemes. Searching for an independent review I came across a site advertising “Get Rich Quick Schemes Revealed”.

The sales letter started out like this...
"Whether it’s real estate investing, selling by classified ads, stock market investing, internet affiliate marketing, or something else, we’ve all seen the fantastic claims people make about making tons of money, AND how they can show you how to do the same thing. I can tell you right now that 99% of these people are total frauds. You have even fallen prey to one of these scams artists, selling you their latest “get rich quick program. Me too. I’ve bought so many of these programs that I can’t even recall how many. I don’t know why but I tend to find the “good” in people, and I was “sold” by these marketing schemes time and time again, even after being scammed by another. Finally, after so many disappointments, I got FED UP. I decided to get to the bottom of this fascination we all have with get rich quick programs, and find out there really were any LEGITIMATE programs for making money. I literally contacted the administrator of every get rich quick website I could find. Posing as an investor, I managed to convince the owners that I was seriously interested in purchasing their entire website and business."

Wow, I thought. This guys sincere, honest, and he's even done the hard work, spent all the money, and outed the scam artists. Even better, he'd found programs that really worked, designed by good, wholesome, internet marketing folk...

"I was able to locate a couple of individuals that actually ran legitimate programs. The owners were everyday people like you and me that found a way to make extra money working from home on their computers. Their membership areas were impressive, with a good amount of quality information on how to make $100-$200 per day on your computer doing very little work. I even chatted with a few of their customers in several online forums, and they verified that they were making extra money through the sites. It was like I found a few diamonds in the rough. But don’t take my word for it, you can visit the three sites I found below. See what you think."

Out of curiosity, I decided to take a look at three other “Get Rich Quick Schemes Revealed” sites to see what they had to say. Suddenly I had an uneasy feeling of de ja vu, or as we call it in the copywriting trade, cut n paste.

Exact same sales letter, written by completely different people promoting completely different "legitimate" programs at the bottom.

Cheeky buggars!

Not to judge the people who built these sites. After all, the hard sales approach, promising everyone $50,000 in their first month of business is losing it's shine. And writing an effective sales letter isn't an easy thing for most people. So if this works, good luck to them. Who knows, the programs they mention may well have been legitimate.

But before you take up any offer online, it's worth keeping in mind that the highest qualification of most internet marketers and copywriters, is a Masters degree in cut n paste.

Warning: The sales letter excerpts shown in this article were cut n pasted by a professional copywriter. Do not try this at home.

Disclaimer: No words were hurt during the writing of this post.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

bruno roldan said...

Hahahhahahah, indeed ive been to those sites, although i have to say i love how they keep coming up with new and "better" ways to make money fast.

Anonymous said...

That text is copyed out of the rich jerk ebook. It is one of his many legit and not so legit tips on how to make money.

I dont say youve copied it, but the webpage you found it on certainly did.

Simon Hillier said...

Thanks for dropping by Bruno. I'm with you on that. Always get a chuckle out of the new sales pitch techniques.

I'm sure it won't be long until we see "This program is a joke, a scam and a total waste of time...but I'm still making $5000 a month off it! Get in now before everyone finds out!"

Cheers
Simon

Simon Hillier said...

Hey anonymous,

Thanks for the comment. I'm sure we've met before. Your name sounds familiar ;)

Anyway, thanks for providing the source. I hear that program does quite well. Just makes me laugh to read everyone saying "I" did this research, etc etc. We'd be shot in the real world for passing off others work as our own. Ahh the beauty of the Internet. Gotta love it.

Oh and yes, I did copy it. Otherwise I couldn't show you the example. But hopefully you read my disclaimer at the bottom ;)

Cheers
Simon

newdatabases said...

Check out My Copywriter (www.outsource2documaker.com/mycopywriter.htm). It writes click-bank style sales letters automatically.